Judd Nelson Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

suddenly susan

2 posters

Go down

suddenly susan Empty suddenly susan

Post  cecilia Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:37 pm

i found this place where you can buy all the episodes of suddenly susan! Very Happy

www.tvdvdstore.net/product.php?productid=933080&cat=0&page=1
cecilia
cecilia

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

suddenly susan Empty Re: suddenly susan

Post  CL Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:38 pm

$100 for boot-legged copies. I don't think so. Plus, I would have to buy that horrible 4th season which should be forgotten and never see the light of day again (and i'm not just saying that because Judd wasn't in it, the 4th season was one hot mess). I really don't get why WB hasn't released at least the 1st season (which had good ratings) on dvd yet. I mean Brooke is back on tv now, Kathy is pretty much an A-list celebrity, and Nestor is in everything. You also of course have Judd who is well known, Barbara who is well-respected and David who is well-missed and still talked about.

I'm hoping if "Caroline in the City" does well in dvd sales in the US (I believe it's owned by Paramount), WB might consider releasing "SS" on dvd.

Oh, and a little tidbit for SS/TBC fans: Nestor Carbonell and Anthony Michael Hall are both in "The Dark Knight" opening tonight.
CL
CL

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  cecilia Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:15 pm

dumb me, i didn't know they were bootlegged copies. Embarassed i knew it was too good to be true. all that excitement for nothing! Sad

i never even watched the 4 season. once judd was gone so was i.... i was wondering the same thing about why they don't release suddenly susan on dvd since brooke, kathy & nestor are back on tv and "not to mention" judd who really got to show his comedic talents. they have released so many other sitcoms...

anyway, thanks cl. i'm glad i didn't rush to buy it.
cecilia
cecilia

Back to top Go down

Post  CL Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:43 pm

cecilia wrote:dumb me, i didn't know they were bootlegged copies. Embarassed i knew it was too good to be true. all that excitement for nothing! Sad

i never even watched the 4 season. once judd was gone so was i.... i was wondering the same thing about why they don't release suddenly susan on dvd since brooke, kathy & nestor are back on tv and "not to mention" judd who really got to show his comedic talents. they have released so many other sitcoms...anyway, thanks cl. i'm glad i didn't rush to buy it.

Tell me about it! Some of the crap that has been released on dvd is mind-boggling to me. I still think that we will get at least the 1st season out on dvd. It really depends on dvd sales after that . I really loved the 2nd season the best, and I don't think we are going to be lucky enough to get those on dvd.

As for the 4th season, it was basically an entirely different show. All that was mentioned about Jack was that he sold "The Gate", which then got turned into a men's magazine and moved from Downtown SF to Chinatown. Susan became a weaker character, Vicki and Luis were rarely ever shown and Nana was in 2 episodes the entire season. Maddy broke up with Luis during the first episode and ended up marrying Jerry Springer (I kid you not, he was a guest star and everything) later that season. The show ended with Susan taking a reporting job in either NYC or Chicago(I don't remember which) and marrying Oliver who was a photographer for "The Gate". There was a nice little tribute at the end of the last episode to both Judd and David where they aired a best of montage to the two of them, as a video that Vicki and Luis had made for Susan on her wedding day.
CL
CL

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  cecilia Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:26 pm

awww, i wish i would have seen the tribute at the end of the last episode of judd & david. i'm totally shocked that maddy married jerry springer! Shocked

i also loved season two. i loved when his hair got longer, and i loved mo! some of my fave episodes were when jack kept trying to convince susan that she really was attracted to him. Smile
i love the way he teased her... i tell you cl that is one job that i wouldn't miss one day of work if jack was my boss! Wink
cecilia
cecilia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down