Judd Nelson Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP John Hughes

3 posters

Go down

RIP John Hughes Empty RIP John Hughes

Post  cecilia Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:39 am

on thursday, my sister called me at work to see if i heard the very sad news that john hughes had passed away. i was shocked and very saddened, and i still can't believe he's gone. i feel like i grew up with him and the legacy of movies he has left behind is simply amazing. what a talented man. i feel like i lost a friend, and i didn't even know him. i anxiously await the release of the documentary "don't you forget about me".

i thought i would share what judd had to say about his passing:

Judd Nelson, who played "The Breakfast Club's" tough guy, talked about Hughes' ability to capture relationships in a statement and how it reflected the man behind the camera.

"John's desire for the truth of the spoken word aligned perfectly with his gift for treating young people not as children but as developing adults," he said. "John always treated me with respect and consideration [and] he was most generous with his insight. ... I know many people whose lives were touched by John will be saddened today. ... I know I am." (From CNN)

Judd Nelson who also starred in the Breakfast Club, also recalled the director’s influence saying that Hughes had “a profoundly meaningful and lasting effect on my life as an actor, and as a young man.”

rest in peace john hughes and my prayers and heartfelt sympathy goes out to his family.
cecilia
cecilia

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

RIP John Hughes Empty Re: RIP John Hughes

Post  CL Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:42 pm

My brother texted me on Thrusday when the news broke. Needless to say, I was saddened when I heard. As a film major, I feel that one of the greatest talents of the past couple decades has been taken from us too soon. I know several people were always hoping that John would break out of retirement and once again grace the screen someday. It's sad to know that will never happen now.

The LA Times has a slideshow with a collection of quotes, including Judd's that Cecilia posted above.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/movies/la-et-brat-pack-john-hughes-link,0,5301896.photogallery?index=9
CL
CL

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

RIP John Hughes Empty RIP JOHN HUGHES

Post  Admin Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:06 am

That's really sad to hear - condolances to his family/friends.

Deb
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-12-13

http://www.judd-website.co.uk

Back to top Go down

RIP John Hughes Empty Re: RIP John Hughes

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down